Friday, May 6, 2011

Another Donation Piece




Here's another donation piece. I don't know what's gotten into me to create these three dimensional weird things. Maybe a need to create "sustenance"...something more tactile than a painting.

Maybe it's knowing that these creations are going to be leaving the house soon. I hang my pictures around the house more as a way to store them than anything else and creating something that needs to be stored in a more secure or...."displayed" in a more "safe" way isn't practical for me.

Maybe that's way I never tried other art forms, paintings are generally easy to do and store, but larger more demanding pieces like sculpture or pottery or any of the myriad art forms demanding space are harder for me simply because I lack the space and funds. Not that I wouldn't try them I would but if you've ever done anything creative you know there's always a set-up costs, supply costs, storage costs......costs, costs, costs. Painting seemed easier and cheaper.

But I do like to experiment and these past two "sculpted paintings" cost nothing to make. I already had everything I needed.

So, there you go....

1 comment:

Emily said...

Lovin' the three dimensional!