Thursday, November 20, 2008

A Light in the Dark

So, I'm a bit torn. One part of me wants to paint, create, whatever and woe to him who disdains me, the other part of me wonders why in the world I DARE to put brush to canvas when there are so many better and more talented artists out there in the world.... Now, I know it's foolish to play the comparison game but I think competition and comparison are all part of human nature.

I read a section of a book that seems to sum up the "torn" feelings. It said that a lot of artists try to be both hero and victim at the same........(Is it any wonder that artist have gotten a bad rap for being crazy or depressed?) Reading that quote really hit me...it seemed that on some levels I do this a lot of the time. At one moment, I'm ready to take on the world and the next all I want to do is sleep. (But maybe that's overwork!)

As a little kid growing up, when I was asked what I wanted to be when I grew up I always said artist and that is still my wish, but sometimes life gets in the way and you need a light in the dark to help show you the way.......Be it a friend met, a song heard, or a book read, these little inspiring "coincidences" that lift you up and reveal the light, really help you to stay on the path no matter how many weeds get in the way......

No comments: