Monday, December 1, 2008

New Possibilities!

Consecutive time off always leaves me feeling refreshed and focused....something I lose in hectic day-to-day life. I always gain a sense of possibility and potential and clarity, that anything is possible. The air looks and feels cleaner and it clears the fog from my thoughts. I try new paintings, and daydream and I have a delicious sense of restlessness, feeling as if I could set out and explore and find new and wonder-full adventures. There's nothing quite like this feeling almost like....having wings and being able to take flight.

I also get this feeling anytime I go somewhere new for the first time. In 2007, my husband and I went to Savannah and feeling of hope and possibility and that somehow we would be changed-for the better-was amazing. If I'm thankful for anything this holiday season, it's this feeling, this recharging of spirits.

I think in our everyday life we lose this, the potential, the possibility and the wonder of life. We focus on bills, work, negativity, etc. and we lose sight of the essential truth that makes us human-time spent with loved ones, exploring our world with open eyes and having a sense of wonder and play.....Maybe I've over simplifying things and being romantic, but I feel like somewhere along web connections and networking and multi-tasking and finding out and trying to solve everything , we've lost our selves.........

My solution is this: Trying to retain something of that wonder, possibility and clarity in my everyday life. Looking a little things, focusing on color and light, finding amazement in everything around us, but most importantly slowing down so that I don't lost.

No comments: