Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Sail Away! Sail Away!

I absolutely love those books and movies that take you away, show you new worlds and sights you would never see otherwise. The authors and artists that create these worlds are absolute magicians. It is these people that I look to for inspiration and wonder and guidance. And it is my desire to attempt what these artists have already achieved, to follow in the paths that they have laid out before us. I want my art to transport if not our bodies, then our minds to new places, new sights. I want my art to tell stories that speak to different people in different walks of life. Perhaps this is a bit ambitious, but what is life all about but trying to raise yourself up and set out to accomplish those goals and dreams that map out our paths........

I suppose these are deep thoughts for Christmas, but sometimes I think the greatest gift is the freedom to follow our dreams....

And so I say Thank you, to those who have gone on before, to those following and to those just tagging along for the ride. Thank you to everyone and everything!

And not least of all..............

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments: