Saturday, February 21, 2009

Cycles...



Here are some new images for you to take a gander at....

I've been thinking a lot about cycles.....how we are constantly going through come cycle or another.....I think it all has to do with being on the cusp of spring and the ending of winter and the entering of a new cycle.....


We all have cycles....periods of activity, followed by rest or a "winter cycle" where our spirits and minds are allowed to rest and are renewed and rejuvenated for the next period of growth.....
I think a lot of times people try to fight these "dry spells" when nothing seems to work and you have no good ideas or everything seems to be the same thing over and over....I think people fight this cycle, forcing themselves to work, forcing ideas, instead of letting them germinate and grow....you can't force a plant to grow, no more than you can force an idea, a song, or a story or painting....

I know this time is scary for a lot of reasons, you doubt the process, you doubt yourself, you doubt the world, you don't remember that everything has a season.......

I find that when spring nears I find myself becoming more restless and energized.....I feel my blood pumping and my lungs expanding with warmer air...for centuries the coming of the spring symbolized so much to the people who survived through the winter...spring meant work and activity and preparing for what's to come.....Maybe the reason people fear cycles is because they are no longer a daily part of our life....we have a life of convenience and leisure....we no longer base our needs and life around seasons and cycles......we've become content in our idleness and when creative idleness occurs, it frightens us and we fear (and don't trust) our growth....

Sorry, for such a convoluted post....just random thoughts from an overactive mind....

No comments: