Sunday, September 20, 2009

Changing.....

Mushrooms grow thick in circles outside.....circles.....Life is full of circles. I feel my own life circling again and again. Focusing on one aspect of my life and then moving forward onto something else and ultimately finding myself back where I began, but somehow different, somehow bigger and more confident.

Rings of mushrooms where once thought to be where fairies danced...pulling in an unwary mortal, pulling them into the spinning, frantic dance until the mortal falls exhausted from the reel and finda life around them had changed.....lovers aged and gone, children grown old. It's strange sometimes how our modern life can be like a fairy's dance.....we move faster and faster until we fall exhausted and discover what was really important is gone......

Circles, around and around forever. Changing seasons, time moving forward from birth to maturing to aging to dying.....only to repeat itself again and again. The sun, the moon, water, everything moves in circles. So, why do we fear them? Why do we fear the slow times, the dying times? Can we not remember that after death, comes birth, something new and shining.

The creative life is full of circles, trying one thing, pushing past, letting something die for it to be reborn as something new.....
I find so many people are afraid of the circular nature of creating.....afraid of the dry spells, the creative block.....afraid that nothing new will be born.....

I think of these things as the seasons change. Autumn is my favorite season......a season of harvesting and gathering, but it can also be seen as a season of waiting, of declining gracefully into winter's sleeping embrace.....Autumn has many things to teach us....it teaches us to gather our creative thoughts and ideas to prepare for a creative winter.....so that the new, better ideas, images, songs, stories can emerge in the spring of our creativity.......

Hmmmm, this post is a bit different, but I suppose that I'm in an Autumn mood in some ways.....and this post has nothing to do with the image posted which is simply my newest work....


Well, I hope your cycles roll gently and encourage you to new things....at least that it gives you enough energy to rejoin the fairies! :)

No comments: