Thursday, February 10, 2011

New loves!




Up there is Mary! Our recent addition to our tribe of pups. She was abandoned near a creek where we had taken other dogs to walk. Her companion--a large male dog that looked a lot like her was deceased. She was freezing, half starved and fearful. We took her to the vet and discovered she was 3 months old. Well now, she is becoming the hot shot around here... Playing with our largest dog--a bull dog mix and generally causing a ruckus.

Down below is a new painting I recently completed called "Don't worry you'll get there!" --SOLD

I had no idea where I was going when I began. I just wanted to play and create a background for a later painting but I liked it so much I just kept painting and decided that a little sketch in one of my books would go perfect with this background and voila! This painting. I really like it. Something different but fun. It's mixed media with scrapbook paper background, tissue paper, a page from a german book and cheese cloth with paint dried in it.

I started another one yesterday and will have it to show soon.

Other things I love...

My new laptop valentine's day present from my husband (who I also love)! I made him a guitar rack for his cigar box guitars, diddly-bo's and regular guitars. Maybe I'll have pics soon.

Warm cuddly puppies on snowy days! (It has snowed an unheard number for Alabama of 4 times this winter!)

New books to read!

And the possibilities of things to come!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh my heavens ! That face! Those ears! (Are you keeping her?) She sure is lucky to be found by you.

( And in a random nod from the universe - my word verification word for this post is BLESS.)

Hilary Blackwood said...

Oh yes, we kept her. We tried fooling ourselves that we were going to find her a home....but that battle was lost before it began.

I love word verifications. Sometimes they can be so inspiring for paintings or names for made of species etc. I have a couple of word verifications that I've gotten written in a notebook....they were just to good to forget.

And I love that this one says "bless"! Thanks for letting me know!

Emily said...

All of your new loves sound fantastic! The doggie is so cute:) And I love that painting!

Jenny said...

Hee Hee I sure thought "Bless" as a word verification was further support from the Universe that you were destined to keep her!

Hilary Blackwood said...

I love little love letters from the universe!