Saturday, January 8, 2011

Trouble in Mind....




Here's my newest painting in a series of planned paintings. This quote is from a old blues song called "Trouble in Mind" which my husband plays all the time.

Wanna know a not-so-secret secret....I love trains... I love counting cars as I wait for them to pass, I love the spray painted stories from a thousand different cities, I love slightly jumpy, panicky feeling you get if you're close when one goes by...

The place where I live is criss-crossed a thousand times with railroad tracks and everywhere I've lived I've always heard them, whistling and rattling on down the tracks. Nothing sounds better to me than a train whistle. Every time I hear one I stop and listen. I even stopped a class I was teaching once and made the kids just listen.....

Now, I know that "Gonna let that 2:19 train ease my worried mind..." is about suicide, but taken out of context, it can have a much different, almost positive meaning...

You just have to listen...

Another not-so-secret secret...almost all the shoes I have are red....

1 comment:

Whitney- said...

Hi! I just love your work. My mom (That Funky Little Store Downtown) gave me your blog/etsy info. It's so great to meet artsy folks in the Gadsden area even though I'm in NOLA now. Your art would go so well in the store. -Whitney